The University of Vilnius, one of the oldest and most famous establishments of higher education in Eastern and Central Europe, was founded in 1579. Functioning for a long time as the only school of higher learning in Lithuania, it was a preserver of cultural and scientific traditions, and has played a significant part in the cultural life not only of Lithuania, but the neighboring countries as well. During more than four centuries of its existence, the University of Vilnius has seen periods of growth and decline, revival, and closure. The University is a unique witness to the history of the Lithuanian state.
Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
- Naugarduko St. 24, LT-03225 Vilnius, Lithuania, tel.: +370-5-2193050;
- Auditoria in Baltupiai: Didlaukio St. 47, LT-08303 Vilnius
Department of Computer Science
- Address: Naugarduko Str. 24, Vilnius LT-03225, Lithuania, phone: +370 5 2193092, fax: +370 5 2151585
- Established in 1979, the department supervises the education in informatics for the students in bachelor, master, and doctor programs. Research areas: software process, neural networks, artificial intelligence, retrieval of logical proofs, real-time systems, error-correcting codes.
Vilnius University at a glance
- Process capability assessment and improvement
- Official electronic documents framework specification and development
- Neural networks learning and applications
- Application oriented education of students according to industrial practice
- Development of strategies, feasibility studies and investment projects for electronic infrastructure and electronic public services in the context of EC structural funds.
Address: Str. Universiteto 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone no.: 370 5 2193050
Main e-mail: email@example.com
More information is available on the web-page: